marți, 25 martie 2014

The Castellani Wedding Bracelet.

Sometimes there's not about the ring, but about a bracelet.
As is it is the case of our blog post today. 

When I first discovered this bracelet I was happy just to know it was a Castellani piece (soon more on my passion for Castellani), then I started reading and I get excited discovering it was owned by Jackie Kennedy and I instantly started imnagining there surely must be a love story behind this. Then I got dissapointed for I couldn't find none, but, oh, I was so greately mistakening!

It is true that this Castellani bracelet is famous for it was a bracelet of Jackie Kennedy but it's greatness lies, in its significance. And I don't mean only about the inscription.

Apperantly, Castellani made only 3 bracelets like this. 
One was comission by Lord Layard for his wive.
One was made for Gwendolyn Talbot, Princesse Borgheze, the lovely lady in this painting.
.

.

Now, the third one was custom made for the Princesse of Bogali. I cound't find any info on her so this is due to some editing, hopefully. Well, this very loved princesse died before her husband got the chance to offer her the bracelet. As it says right here "the Princesse  died thirteen years prior to having the bracelet made.  As an eternal expression of his love, he paid Castellani three times the value of the bracelet to never make another.  He installed a portrait of his wife and the bracelet in an empty room in his home in Milan to honor her memory. That room is still kept intact as he left it by their descendants."

The Castellani Wedding Bracelet was made of 20k Italian gold with enameled mosaic, and on fron contains the inscription "NON RELINQUAM" (I will never give up on you), while on the back it is written "NON RELINQUES" (You will never give up on me).
.

.

.

The second bracelet, the one for princess Borghese was the one Jackie Kennedy had bought. And, personally, I am so glad she did because in between this great love has been reveiled to ourselves. The kind of love that makes a man want to keep his gift as unique as the woman it was meant to have it. 


ZL.




Un comentariu: